Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sharing a ton about Yerington

So, I've been a blogger now for a little over a year. In that time, very little has happened in my life--which would explain why I have so few posts. The latest blog-worthy event comes with my exodus to visit the new homestead in Yerington.

Oops, that's a picture of a dustbowl-era house. I easily confuse the two. Here's the Yerington house.

We've been working for a few weeks to make it look as nice as it does in this photo. Lots of landscaping, digging, hauling, burning, blistering, and such. But it's fast becoming Mom's dreamhouse...or at least the latest in a series of dreamhouses. I guess as soon as one is done she dreams of another. Which would explain the results of the latest poll.
:
When asked how long it would be before Dad and Mom move again, 50% said between 1 and 5 years. The other half predicted less than one year.
:
Elise has already moved away. I don't know if she got sick of cooking or simply fed up of Mom trying to set her up with an older gentleman from the ward ('he's a rancher...he's a cowboy'). I, too, will be leaving ASAP. I plan on going back to Provo for a little while. My buddy, Jason Bergquist and I are going on a camping trip over Memorial Day weekend. After that, maybe I'll hike the 'Y' again with Elise.

Or maybe I'll hang out with Marae before she heads off to Maine.

Whatever the case, I'll keep ya'll in 'da loop.
:
See what I did there? I took the letters from those three words and highlighted the ones that spell 'Linda', thus creating the perfect segue to wish Mom a happy belated Mother's Day.

Oops, that's a picture of a dustbowl-era mom. Here's the Yerington Mom.

Oh, by the way, Craig has a blog now. check it out by following the link on the right side of this page. And, as always, answer the poll question.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

As always, thanks for the good clean entertainment! You really ought to make your way up here sometime and put in a chain link fence for us. We'll both be gone until the 1st weekend in June so any time after that would be great. Where are you going camping? Make sure and take photos so you can blog about it. PS I wasn't too sure about this poll question... not sure that I'm qualified to vote, but I'll do it anyway.

Elise said...

Will you speak at my funeral?....cause I am dying laughing.

Marae said...

thanks for digging up that precious picture of me (i hoped i had burned it).

Jeanne said...

I love it all!

Katie Lewis said...

I hope I will be able to keep that picture of Marae burned in my memory for the rest of eternity. Hahahaha. :)